Monday, January 5, 2009

Greetings

Hey NEPA, as you may have heard from my interview with Frankie, I will be in Washington D.C. during the inauguration and have been blessed with the opportunity to report back on all the political happenings associated with this historic event. Since my voice will be falling on your early morning, not quite awake ears, I think it would be wise for me to just let you know a little more about me. I am David Cook, and again, no not the American Idol Winner, even though I do consider myself just as charming. I’ve grown up in Wilkes-Barre, and have grown close to the city even though she has her faults. Further, I am outspoken and try to add a bit of humor to every situation. I think we need to laugh more…there is a lot going on in the world, and most of it isn’t pleasant news, so really we need to enjoy the small funny things that happen, the little jokes and such, because when we feel better about the small things, the big issues don’t always seem as bad. Now that I’ve digressed on that little tidbit I’ll hop back on track by saying that I believe I am indebted to all of you who are reading this blog, and are welcoming me into your lives for the next couple weeks.
Because I am so grateful to all of you, I want to know what you want to know about in regard to the election, politics, my political views, almost anything that you can think of. Post a comment on my blog or Email me at David.cook@wilkes.edu, and I will try to respond in my next blog to as many people as I can.
Also, be sure to check back regularly for updates on my inauguration plans, there are a lot of big things in the works, and as I find out more I want all of you to find out more. I don’t just view my trip to D.C. as my trip, but as a trip for all of NEPA where we can all share in this momentous occasion, and all feel like we are a part of it, even if we can not all be there. Many of us felt connected in a special way during this election, and I would like to see us carry it through the inauguration and far beyond.
Again I thank all of you for giving me this great opportunity and I look forward to all of your questions and comments.

8 comments:

  1. Hello David, I am from Professor Mellon's public speaking class at Wilkes. I am just curious, what made you so passionate about politics and what are your hopes after the inauguration takes place?

    -Aly Stambaugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David, I am from Professor Mellon's public speaking class at Wilkes. I think this is a great opportunity for Wilkes's students to participate in this important event. I'm just curious, if you had the change to meet with president, what questions do you have for him?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David, I am also from professor Mellon's Com 101 class. I have heard mixed stories about Barack Obama's gun control. I am an avid hunter and am worried about future restrictions. Have you heard anything about this topic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David, I am also a student from professor Mellon's public speaking class. Barack Obama believes stimulating the economy is the number one priority, even if it means adding to the nation's debt. Obama believes in assisting the auto industry, do you agree with him?

    -Todd Garey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dave, I am also going to the inauguration and am in professor Mellon's Public Speaking class. I am exicted to go view this event as I believe that it is very important. How do you feel about Barack Obama views on Universal Health care? Hopefully I will be in a location that I can actually see what is going on in person and not on a tv screen. Maybe we will run into each other in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dave, I have noticed in professor Mellon's class today that you seem very interested in politics. I am surprised you are not a political science major, are you enrolled in any pol sci courses or plan to? Also, have you ever considered running for a position in office whether it be local, state, etc?

    -John Hargreaves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi David, I am a student from professor Mellon's public speaking class.First of all, congratulation to you going to the inauguration. I'm just wondering what is your political view about The American Political now ? and what do you think of Barack Obama for president?

    Mohammed Alamani

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just wanted to know dave if u plan on going into politics because u know a lot about it.

    Mike Skumanick

    ReplyDelete