Thursday, January 8, 2009

Major Updates

So everybody I have some great news. Representative Kanjorski’s office just contacted us and confirmed that we have tickets for the Swearing-in Ceremony of President Elect Obama! This news is what I have been waiting for since we first started discussing this trip, and now that it has happened I am beyond relieved. Packaged along with the tickets was an invitation to a reception with Mr. Kanjorski which I am looking forward to immensely. Also we have received tickets to the Celebration of Many Nations one People Ball, which I am looking forward to attending. Here is the description from their website, "A Celebration of Many Nations - One People" The 2009 American Indian Inaugural Ball brings together Native leaders, organizations, artists, musicians, and professionals from across the country.

I am glad to see so many things coming together in the final week before the event, and I am really looking forward to all the goings on. As usual, if you have any questions or comments feel free to post a comment on the blog, or email me at David.cook@wilkes.edu. I look forward to hearing from you.Oh, and if you missed it here is the link to my WBRE interview. So much has been happening

I almost forgot to mention that on the morning of the 20th you can listen for my call in live from D.C on the WBRE’s Morning Show, and for all of you out on your way to work, you can listen to me on Magic 93 with Frankie in the Morning as I will be placing some phone calls with him as well.

10 comments:

  1. Hello. ^_^ I am from Professor Mellon's COM 101 class at Wilkes University. The Celebration of Many Nations seems to be the most interesting event for me. Do tell how nice it is, please. ^^

    Have fun with the ceremony. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also in Professor Mellons COM 101 class. This event is very exciting. I wish I was able to attend this great event. Have fun down there and enjoy witnessing history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also from Professor Mellon's COM 101 class. I'm jealous that you have tickets to attend the ceremony and the Celebration of Many Nations. I have a question for you: During the election, was there any certain policy issue that you felt affected your vote the most significantly? If so, what was the issue, and what are your opinions on the issue?

    Enjoy D.C. You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am also from Prof. Mellon's COM class and we met through my friend Katie Blose. I think that this is an event you will never forget. I had the option to go down with my national guard unit but i'd rather watch then perform riot control. I hope you have a blast and hope you make this a memorable occasion.

    Enjoy yourself
    Johnathan Connor

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also in Professor Mellon's Com 101 class, and we think that you were given such a great opportunity being able to go to the ceremony. Have a good time !

    -Steph and Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm in professor Mellon's COM 101 class and it's a great opportunity to witness the first african american president being sworn into office. have a rockin' time!

    Mike Skumanick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in Professor Mellon's class as well. I think this is an amazing opportunity, you are very fortunate. It's great that you're taking advantage of it. You will definately have to let us know how you enjoyed the experience first-hand.

    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I to am in professor mellon's class hah. I would love to see the future of our nation sworn into office and i think you are going to be viewing history in the making. I wish I had such an oppotunity but i wish you well and enjoy.

    Paul Griffing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dave

    I was just wondering how does it eel to be able o go to DC and see the First black President to witness his speech as he enter the White House in person? I wish you all the luck and have a good time while you are there.

    Lataysha W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your trip to DC and being able to witness history in the White house. Good luck and enjoy your trip an incredible event.

    -Adrian Williams-

    ReplyDelete